The application of modular power supply in BMS mainly includes the following aspects:
- Power Stability: Module power supply is used to provide stable working voltage for the main control unit of BMS, which is not affected by the fluctuation of the battery voltage, and ensures that the BMS can run continuously and reliably.
- Battery status monitoring: BMS measures battery parameters such as voltage, current, and temperature through sensors, and the modular power supply ensures that these sensors receive an accurate power supply to monitor the battery’s operating status.
- Battery Protection: A vital BMS task includes ensuring the battery’s safety by preventing overcharging, over-discharging, and overheating.
- Isolation: The modular power supply acts as an isolation between the battery and the main control unit, which improves the reliability of the main control unit and ensures that the operation of the battery will not cause interference or damage to the main control unit.
- Modular design: Modular power supply usually has a small size and high-temperature tolerance, suitable for BMS modular design.
MORE: How to achieve a high standard performance test of battery management system (BMS)?